NOTICE

We have moved to our new site (www.dapperak.org)
Thank you.

DAP Perak Activities

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Media Statements by Ean Yong Hian Wah, Ronnie Liu and Tee Book Hock on 'Rogue Councillor' reported by The Star 27/7

Media Conference Statement by DAP Klang Municipal Councillor Tee Boon Hock in Shah Alam on Wednesday, 28th July 2010:

I refer to the front page report by The Star dated 27th July 2010 headlined “Rogue Councillor”.

1.    Based on the description of the councillor provided in The Star report, I am the only one who fit the profile who is in my 50s, having previously stood twice for a state seat in past general elections and was in the MPK Tender Board from Oct 2009 to June 2010.

2.    I hereby would like to make it known that I was the Special Assistant (“Pegawai Khas”) for the State Assemblyman (ADN) of Pandamaran, Sdr Ronnie Liu, from March 2008 to 18 Nov 2009.

3.    During the period where I was the Special Assistant in the ADUN office, I had received numerous requests for assistance from the public and the constituents of Pandamaran. As part of the service from the ADN office, I had issued and signed letters of support for those requesting for assistance, including letters of support to the welfare department, on behalf of the handicap, single mothers and others in need as well as those seeking assistance from the local councils.

4.    All the letters are always written without obligating any government officials to act in any improper manner. Where contractors are involved, all letters were specifically qualified with the statement “syarat-syarat Majlis Perbandaran dan Kerajaan Negeri Selangor dipenuhi sepenuhnya” and “undang-undang yang melibatkan kontraktor pembekalan dan perkhidmatan perlulah dipatuhi dan diikuti sejujurnya”.

5.    No letters were issued by me on behalf of the ADN office once I was no longer the Special Assistant to the ADN.

6.    I deny all allegations contained in The Star report claiming corrupt practices on my part which had enriched my family members or myself. My family and me have not applied for or received a single contract from MPK and we will not bid for any such contracts as it would mean a direct conflict of interest.

7.    I will consult my lawyers to determine if I should file a suit against The Star as the article has seriously damaged the reputation of my family and myself.

Tee Boon Hock

-------------------------
 
Media Conference Statement by Ronnie Liu, Selangor State Executive Councillor and DAP State Assemblyman for Pandamaran in Shah Alam on 28 July 2010:

I refer to the front page report by The Star dated 27th July 2010 headlined “Rogue Councillor”.

I did not “confirm” to The Star reporter that my “letterhead had been misused and that the local councillor was now being investigated by the party”.

In fact, this statement on the front page was contradicted by The Star's own report on page N4 where I was quoted as saying: “There have been strong allegations that the councillor used my letterheads to influence the council to obtain contracts, but I’m leaving it to the party to investigate.”

I am also not the DAP Selangor Deputy Chairman as cited in the report.

Judging from what Sdr Tee Boon Hock has explained, I have no problems with the letters.

Ronnie Liu

-------------------
 
Media Conference Statement by DAP Selangor Chairman and Selangor State Executive Councillor Ean Yong Hian Wah in Selangor State Secretariat, Shah Alam at 9.30am, Wednesday, 28th July 2010:

I would like to stress here this morning that the party would not hesitate to take action on those who against the interest of the public.

The party will continue to review this matter and the allegation.

We would not protect any members and leaders who involved in corruption and misuse of power.

The difference between Pakatan Rakyat and Barisan Nasional is that we will investigate and take action on the accused if found guilty. But Barisan Nasional will do all they can to sweep the issue beneath the carpet.

I hope media could give a fair report on this issue.
  
Ean Yong Hian Wah

1 comment:

  1. Others i'm not sure as for me i can understand and i'm not bluntly said,i knew and i'm not blind and deaf...you had my support here from JB side.

    ReplyDelete